Learn how to maintain healthy hooves
With maintenance trimming you can keep your horses’ feet in constant balance- the key to healthy strong feet, barefoot performance and long term soundness.
What will you learn?
Our one day intensive workshop is specifically designed to teach horse owners to maintain the feet of their own horses. We will cover:
- The anatomy of the lower limb and hoof
- The scientific evidence for barefoot trimming
- A generic recipe for basic maintenance trimming
- Practice the techniques on a cadaver limb before trimming your own horse
- Safe handling of horses while trimming
- Correct use of farrier tools
- … and much more!
Who are these workshops for?
Horse owners who want to take charge of their own horse’s hoofcare. Vets and farriers are also welcome to attend.
How do you participate?
The cost for the trimming workshop if you bring your own horse is $300. As an auditor without a horse the cost is $175 The course includes a booklet covering all the theory which is done on the day, a cadaver trim and trimming your own horse under supervision if you bring a horse. We also offer a variety of trimming tools for sale on the day.